Maintenance Technician Assistant - Manufacturing
- Post Date:September 28, 2021
- Apply Before: July 31, 2022
- Views 512
SET-UP TECHNICIAN NEW BEDFORD, MA MANUFACTURING
Monday thru Thursday
5:30 am to 4:00 pm
Troubleshoot, repair & perform set-ups, preventative maintenance on all assembly machines, high-speed automation lines and cell operations
- Maintain Assembly production equipment on a daily basis to ensure they are running to optimum performance.
- Train, instruct and audit operators on proper machine operation based on Standard Work Procedure.
- Perform set-ups, repair and troubleshooting on all Assembly Machines.
- Assist Technicians for preventive maintenance on all Assembly & secondary operation machines.
- Maintain set-up and change over component on all Assembly & secondary operation machines.
- Communicate real time status of Assembly operations with Team Leader throughout the shift.
- Record all task and issues during shift on a production report via log book
- Responsible to ensure that proper resins / colorants / additives are being used. (Verification of proper material usage according to the work order / BOM’s).
- Maintain machines and associate equipment in optimum condition
- Must be able to locate and eliminate sources fo trouble in mechanical, electrical and electronic devices, systems and processes.
- Make necessary and/ or routine machine adjustments and to repair equipment in an effort to provide continuous production
- Responsible for knowing how to operate all machines and equipment in order to understand their function and repair them
- Responsible for making tooling changes (size) within a reasonable amount of time
- Be RESULTS oriented using visual KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Be multi-skilled to support team members as needed
- Develop and follow the standardized work instructions to minimize machine downtime
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent
- 5 years mechanical experience with automation, assembly and packing equipment in manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills for production monitoring (i.e., IQMS, Word, Email, etc.)
- Good troubleshooting skills mechanical, pneumatics and electrical
- Read schematics – electrical, mechanical and pneumatics
- Ability to lift 50 – 70 lbs on occasion or frequently.
Related Jobs (2)
Machine Operators – 1st & 2nd shift – New Bedford, MA area on September 28, 2021 Full-time